This world record attempt is a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully. The diaper change is going a relay style change with everyone changing diapers at 11am local time to break the world record for the number of babies changed into cloth diapers in a 24 hour time period. This makes it easier for people outside of North America to participate (prior to 2012, participants at some locations had to change diapers at 2am!).
The event will occur in over 200 locations around the world in The Philippines, Australia, Japan, Germany, Spain, Great Britain, Belgium, Italy, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Mexico, the United States and Canada. .
Royal Canadian Legion, 1940 Quilchena Ave, Merritt, BC
Saturday, April 26th, 2014
9:45am-12:15pm. The diaper change will occur at 11:00am, so please arrive early enough to register before 10:30am.
This is a great opportunity to start using cloth, if you haven't already. Please tell us that you don't have any diapers when you sign up and we will loan you a (used but clean) diaper for the event. Used diapers have been professionally cleaned by Snug-Glee Bumz Diaper Service.
Complete the online pre-registration form. Pre-registration is not required but greatly helps us with planning. As an incentive to pre-register, there are goody bags for the first 30 people who pre-register & attend the event.
No, but we ask that all participants consider making a $1 donation to the Real Diaper Association.
- Bring a blanket or something soft to change baby on. Diaper changes will occur on the floor.
- If you have any used diapers that you'd like to sell (see below), please bring with you. It will be up to you to set a price for your diapers. We will have an area set up for the used diaper sale where you can buy and sell diapers.
- If you are bringing disposable diapers, please bring a plastic bag or some other means of bringing them home with you once they're used.
- If you are bringing an older child who will not be changed at the event, you can bring a teddy bear or doll for them to change. You will also have to bring an adult to supervise any older children, as they will not be allowed in the diaper change area during the diaper change.
- A cute outfit for anyone who will be getting their portrait done (see below)
- A contribution to our potluck lunch plus re-usable plates, cups and cutlery for your family members.
Pre-registration helps us to organize the event. As an incentive to pre-register, the first 30 people who pre-register (& show up at the event) will receive goody bags.
We need 25 participants to qualify towards the official Guinness world record total. If all attendees pre-register, it will give us an idea of how close we are to having 25 participants.
To date we have received the following door prizes:
(1) Little Bundle with Microterry insert, size 2 - donated by AppleCheeks
To date have received the following items for our goody bags:
(1) Yum Bum Butter sample - donated by Bums Away
(1) Cloth 101 - the basics of cloth diapering: 10:00-10:30am - If you have questions about using cloth diapers, this is your chance to have them answered. New & experienced cloth diaper users are welcome to attend.
(2) Teddy Bear Change: 11am - Older siblings can bring a doll or teddy bear to change into a cloth diaper at the same time that the babies are changed. We will attempt to have a free teddy bear diaper for all children ... this is where pre-registration really helps us determine how many we'll need.
(3) Family Photo Opportunity: 9:45am- 12:15pm - This year, Jen Heard will be available to do portraits (at no cost) to all diaper change participants. The earlier you arrive, the greater the chance you’ll have to get your photo session in before we run out of time.
(4) Used diaper sale: 9:45am - 12:15 pm - We will have an area set up for people to sell any used diapers they may have. If you are selling diapers, please arrive with your diapers labeled with your name and the price you are asking. There is no set time as to when diapers must be dropped off and picked up - however; the longer they're available, the more likely they are to sell. The earliest they can be dropped off is at 9:45am on April 26th at the designated area and unsold diapers (and cash) must be picked up before 12:45pm at the designated area. We hope to have a volunteer to handle sales. Neither Bums Away nor the Great Cloth Diaper Change makes any warranties as to the condition of these used diapers. It is up to the buyer to inspect them and determine if they are satisfactory. Any diapers not picked up by the end of the sale will be donated to Cloth for a Cause (Kamloops chapter).
(5) Cloth for a Cause donations: 9:45am - 12:15pm - We will be accepting donations to the Kamloops chapter of Cloth for a Cause. Even though this organization is based in Kamloops, they do provide diapers to families in need in Merritt.
(6) Potluck Lunch - 11:30 am - We welcome you to stay after the change for an early potluck lunch. This is a chance to meet & greet and to feed the kids so they can (hopefully) fall asleep on the way home!
(7) Children's Actiivity Area - We will have an unsupervised area set up for children to colour, do crafts, and play.
Want to keep updated on the latest & greatest?
Join our Facebook event page. This page will be updated from time to time, but the Facebook page will be more current.
Contact Kristie at 1-250-320-8249 or email@example.com